Aim and purpose
INTMOV P prepares the participants for work in all aspects of UN/NATO/EU movement planning during Deployment, Reception, Staging and Onward Movement (RSOM), sustainment and redeployment phase of an operation.
After completing the course, participants will be able to
- Describe how UN, NATO and EU operations are organised
- Recognize and extract information from reports used within the movement organisation of an UN or EU/NATO operation
- Understand advantages and disadvantages of all modes of transportation
- Plan and articulate national strategic movements
- Understand how nations and multinational organisations collaborate in movement control
- Plan and articulate RSOM for a limited multinational force
- Perform the duties of a movement officer in a national deployed unit, a national movement staff, or a movement staff officer or supporting staff at a deployed force mission headquarters
Participants should preferably
- Have experience from tactical level MOVCON
- Have the rank level of Captain/Senior Sergeant (OF2/OR5) – Lieutenant Colonel/Sergeant Major (OF4/OR9) or equivalent police positions. In certain circumstances, exceptions can be made.
UN personnel at P2 – P4 levels or equivalent FS and GS levels may apply. In certain circumstances, exceptions can be made.
Students must be proficient in oral and written English (equivalent to: NATO STANAG 6001/ 3-2-3-2)
No translation service will be available
INTMOV Planning is part of the Nordic Defence Cooperation – NORDEFCO.
We open for application no later than 3 months before the course starts. The deadline for applications is normally 8 weeks before the course starts.
Please check dates in our course schedule.