Aim and purpose
NATO LOC gives participants knowledge about NATO logistics and enables them to work as logistic staff officers at a multinational HQ or a national unit in a NATO operation.
After completing the course, participants will be able to
- Understand the NATO decision process and command structure
- Describe NATO logistic support concept
- Describe NATO logistic support concept for air, sea and land operations
- Describe NATO logistics functional areas
- Describe NATO logistics' doctrine and tactics, techniques and procedures
Applicants should preferably
- Be military officers preparing for assignments as logistic staff officers at a multinational HQ or as logistic staff officers in a national unit at a NATO mission
- Have experience from national logistic service
- Have the rank level of Captain/Senior Sergeant (OF2/OR5) – Major/Master Sergeant (OF3/OR8) or equivalent police levels. In certain circumstances, exceptions can be made.
Students must be proficient in oral and written English (equivalent to: NATO STANAG 6001/ 3-2-3-2). No translation service will be available.
NATO LOC is part of the Nordic Defence Cooperation – NORDEFCO.
We open for application no later than 3 months before the course starts. The deadline for applications is normally 8 weeks before the course starts.
Please check dates in our course schedule.