Aim and purpose
UNCOE prepares participants for work with UN logistics and COE in the deployment, sustainment and redeployment faces of a UN operation.
After completing the course, participants will be able to
- Describe the logistic system within an Integrated Mission.
- Understand the COE system and be able to use the COE Manual
- Contribute with COE knowledge in the planning and preparation in a troop contribution country, including Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) preparations.
- Contribute with COE knowledge during the sustainment phase of a mission included verification and control (COE inspections)
- Supervise the reception, distribution and archiving of UN key reports that will impact on reimbursement according to MOU, Letter of Assist and the COE system
Participants should preferably
- Successfully have completed the NODEFIC online course;
Introduction to the UN Contingent Owned Equipment system
- Have the rank level of Captain/Senior Sergeant (OF2/OR5) – Lieutenant Colonel/Master Sergeant (OF4/OR8) or equivalent police positions. In certain circumstances, exceptions can be made.
UN personnel at P2 – P4 levels or equivalent FS and GS levels may apply. In certain circumstances, exceptions can be made.
Students must be proficient in oral and written English (equivalent to: NATO STANAG 6001/ 3-2-3-2). No translation service will be available.
UNCOE is part of the Nordic Defence Cooperation – NORDEFCO.
We open for application no later than 3 months before the course starts. The deadline for applications is normally 8 weeks before the course starts.
Please check dates in our course schedule.