This course is a pilot course and is still under development. Changes may occur.
Aim and purpose
UNIC prepares the participants to effectively contribute to a unified and comprehensive intelligence process in a UN operation HQ, in accordance with DPKO/DFS policy and guidelines
After completing the course, participants will be able to
- Understand key principles for intelligence in UN peace operations
- Understand the intelligence cycle
- Plan and develop unified and comprehensive intelligence procedures across the civilian, police, and military components of a UN peace operation
Applicants should preferably
- Be personnel with intelligence related tasks and responsibilities in a UN operation HQ
- Have some knowledge and/or experience of information collection and analysis in conflict area, though no formal intelligence background
- Have the rank level of Captain/Senior Sergeant (OF2/OR5) – Colonel/Sergeant Major (OF5/OR9) or equivalent police levels. In certain circumstances, exceptions can be made
UN personnel at P3 – P5 levels or equivalent FS and GS levels may apply. In certain circumstances, exceptions can be made.
Students must be proficient in oral and written English (equivalent to: NATO STANAG 6001/ 3-2-3-2). No translation service will be available.
We open for application no later than 3 months before the course starts. The deadline for applications is normally 8 weeks before the course starts.
Please check dates in our course schedule.