Aim and purpose
UNJMAC prepares the participants to effectively
function as JMAC analysts within a UN operation in accordance with DPKO/DFS policy and guidelines for JMAC, as well as the appropriate mission good practices.
After completing the course, participants will be able to
- Understand the JMAC roles and functions as part of a UN operation
- Understand the intelligence cycle as presented in the JMAC guidelines
- Work with and develop JMAC tools, processes and products
- Understand the information flow and information analysis in the context of a UN integrated mission
Applicants should preferably
- Be working in a JMAC or a comparable UN mission analytical section, or about to be deployed to one
- Have experience in information collection and analysis
- Have the rank level of Lieutenant/Sergeant (OF1/OR5) – Colonel/Sergeant Major (OF5/OR9) or equivalent police levels. In certain circumstances, exceptions can be made.
- Have completed the UNJMAC online course
UN personnel at P2 – P5 levels or equivalent FS and GS levels may apply. In certain circumstances, exceptions can be made.
Students must be proficient in oral and written English (equivalent to: NATO STANAG 6001/ 3-2-3-2). No translation service will be available.
UNJMAC is part of the Nordic Defence Cooperation – NORDEFCO.
We open for application no later than 3 months before the course starts. The deadline for applications is normally 8 weeks before the course starts.
Please check dates in our course schedule.