Aim and purpose
UNLOC prepares participants for work in all aspects of logistics in a UN operation, including the ability to differentiate between national and UN logistic responsibilities.
After completing the course, participants will be able to
- Understand how the integrated mission affects the use of logistic units in a UN Integrated Mission
- Understand how a Memorandum of Understanding and the national logistic concept of a Troop Contributing Country are connected
- Utilize key UN logistic documents to plan, execute and control the logistic
- Supervise the reception, distribution and archiving of UN key reports that will impact on UN reimbursement system
Participants should preferably
- Have experience from tactical level logistic
- Successfully completed the NODEFIC online courses; Introduction to the UN Contingent owned Equipment system and Introduction to the UN logistic.
- Have the rank level of Captain/Senior Sergeant (OF2/OR5) – Lieutenant Colonel/Master Sergeant (OF4/OR8) or equivalent police positions. In certain circumstances, exceptions can be made.
- UN personnel at P2 – P4 levels or equivalent FS and GS levels may apply. In certain circumstances, exceptions can be made.
Students must be proficient in oral and written English (equivalent to: NATO STANAG 6001/ 3-2-3-2). No translation service will be available.
UNLOC is part of the Nordic Defence Cooperation – NORDEFCO.
We open for application no later than 3 months before the course starts. The deadline for applications is normally 8 weeks before the course starts.
Please check dates in our course schedule.