International Academic cooperation

NDUC strategic goal for 2019 is to be able to cooperate within the framework of Erasmus+ by 2020. Erasmus+ is an important tool for NDUC to enhance our international cooperation and exchange opportunities for students with our strategic important partners in Europe.

NDUC has several Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and exchange agreements with both civil and military universities in Europe, North America and other countries around the world.  Due to our specialised profile, we are always looking for new partners in order to achieve our goals for student exchange and internationalisation. All NDUC departments are encouraged to develop international professional networks that can contribute and strengthen the educational programmes and research conducted at NDUC. Please contact Head of Section - Section for Education: Per Arne Krumsvik, Deans Office, email:

Norwegian institutions of higher education have access to participation in the Erasmus+ cooperation through the EEA agreement. Erasmus+ finances student exchange between program countries (EUs 28 Member States as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey and Norway) and between program countries and partner countries. In addition to student and teacher mobility, the Erasmus+ program can help support development projects and collaborative projects in education. In collaborative projects, the EU requires 3 or more programme countries to join forces in one project.

Erasmus Policy Statement NDUC.pdf. 

Erasmus Charter for Higher Education

In order to participate in Erasmus+ programme, you must be an accredited institution of higher education in your country, and hold an Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE). 

NDUC Erasmus Charter:

Erasmus charter.pdf

Nordplus is administered by the Nordic Council and is a program that supports initiatives in education, sports, culture, language networks and educational cooperation between the Nordic countries in addition to the Baltic countries. The program for higher education will finance educational projects across national borders that support Nordic cooperation. Nordplus requires 3 or more program countries to join together on the application. The application can include both mobility for undergraduate students, master students and academic staff. Nordplus does not support research projects.

Link to the Nordplus website.

NDUC has a number of agreements for academic cooperation worldwide. Both for education and research purposes.

List of Partners (1).pdf

International student admission

Degree student
NDUC will announce the available seats for our master programme through our regular points of contact and partner institutions. Prospective students should then apply by using our electronic application portal 

Please contact your home institution for detailed application procedures.

Application deadline: March 1st

Exchange student
If you are looking for an opportunity to come to NDUC as an exchange student, please check with your home institution if we have a signed exchange agreement. All exchange students must apply through their home university. Your home institution international coordinator will nominate the candidates. After your nomination, you will receive more detailed application procedures from the NDUC admission team.  

Application deadlines:
• May 15 for start-up in August
• October 15 for start-up in January

Please go to for the registration of your application. 

Important documents
Together with your application, you need to upload a copy of your passport, an academic transcript of records in English or Scandinavian language, a letter of personal motivation and a letter of recommendation from your superior. 

Please note that NDUC does not accept free movers. (Exchange students from a university without an institutional agreement with NDUC).

International exchange students are offered housing and meal plans on campus together with the domestic student community. NDUC housing may vary between the different campuses; some have single rooms, some double rooms. Please contact your adviser for detailed information. 

Integration with domestic students 
NDUC seek to integrate the international students with offering housing and meal plans together with the domestic student community. NDUC also provides a variety of student clubs, work out facilities and social arrangements throughout the year Also all of our courses offered in English are part of our regular study programmes, so the

Academic information
All Norwegian higher education institutions use a system of credits (studiepoeng) for measuring study activities considered equivalent to the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS). 60 ECTS credits are allocated to the workload of a full year of academic stud. 30 ECTS credits are normally allocated to one semester’s full-time study.Courses are normally 5-15 ECTS credits per course. Please look at the course catalogue for more detailed information about the courses offered at NDUC.

Academic year
• Autumn semester: runs from early August to the end of December
• Spring semester: runs from beginning of January to mid-June

National Holidays: there are several national holidays in Norway, on which the universities are closed.    

Exam period:
The form and period of the examination may vary between study programmes and courses offered due to the course structure. Please read the course catalogue for detailed information on each course description.

Visa regulations

Nordic countries
If you come from one of the Nordic countries you will not have to apply for a residence permit, but you should report your move to the National Registry. ( 

If you come from an EU/EEA/EFTA areas, you have to register with the local police within three months. Please bring these documents:

• a valid national identity card or passport
• confirmation of admission to an approved educational institution or an upper secondary school
• private health insurance or European health insurance card
a personal declaration stating that you have enough money to support yourself

If you come from outside the EU/EEA/EFTA-area you have to apply for a student residence permit. 

There is a processing fee for each application, and the prize may vary depending on where you hand in your application. 

Please have a look at the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration for updated information regarding your country of residence.

Your international coordinator at your home institution will be able to advise you in this matter. 

Published 31 January 2019 13:25.. Last updated 31 October 2019 10:50.