We award Master's scholarships for a period of up to 6 months, but can consider granting extensions in special circumstances. At present, the award amounts to NOK 4,500 per month and is tax free. The subject of your Master's thesis must be of relevance to the fields of study at IFS. The academic standards of the project are given decisive weight.
We are interested in all good project ideas pertaining to one of the many fields of study at IFS.
Additional benefits of IFS scholarships
In addition to the monthly disbursement, we can offer you
- a leading international research environment in the fields of security and defence policy
- an academic mentor at the institute assigned specifically to you
- national and international research networks
- possibility of permanent office space in the centre of Oslo
- a pleasant and stimulating working environment
We are looking for people who
- are motivated, have an interesting project idea and good results from earlier programmes
- file a complete application form and a project résumé
- are willing to write a summary of the thesis for publication in the online paper series IFS Insights if requested by IFS
What do you need to include in your application?
Send us a short application with the following information:
- name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address
- current place of study, name of advisor, planned start and thesis delivery
The application must include:
- a project description (1-3 pages)
- attested certificate(s) and grade transcript(s) from college/university
Email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can expect to hear from us on the outcome of your application about a month after the deadline.
IFS does not explain why an application is approved or rejected, nor does it return application documents.
Ring +47 23 09 59 00 or send us an e-mail.